BUSINESS & FINANCIAL POLICIES
Selected Economic Relief Measures Extended by the GNWT
Certain economic relief measures that expired on June 30, 2020, as per the prior directives, have now been extended by the GNWT.
- 2 funding initiatives to support licensed child care programs extended till September 30, 2020
- Suspension of all collection activities till December 31, 2022
- Certain fees waived for residents and businesses:
· Deh Cho Bridge tolls (extended to Sept 30, 2020)
· NWT airport landing fees (Dec 31, 2020)Truck permits (Sept 30, 2020)
· Leases, licences, and concession fees at all NWT airports (Dec 31, 2020)
- As assessed, till June 30, 2020, the GNWT measures have provided $36.893 million in economic relief for NWT residents and businesses
- $11.644 million in financial support for the NWT aviation industry
The GNWT will continue to assess what new or existing supports are needed as the NWT continues to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Detailed Information: https://bit.ly/3e8TiSc